KY Spencer August 4, 2014 #00001

Another Taylorsville Lake Sighting!

Witness: Matt (last name on file)

Estimated date? 8/4/14

Estimated time? 2 am

Nearest city? Mt Eden

Nearest Road(s): 1320 Park Road

Length of time the encounter lasted: 30 minutes or more’

How many witnesses? 5

Please describe your encounter:

“We were at the primitive area, site #10 at Taylorsville Lake State Park campground. Being some of the few night owls there last night, there was only me, my husband, and one of our 3 children awake as well as two other campers about 2 sites over who had gotten to the campground around midnight. I was laying in the tent trying to sleep when I kept hearing strange almost owl like high pitch noises at the bottom of the hill. After hearing my son and husband comment about hearing “an owl”, I decided that must be it. About 20 minutes later, my son had gone into his tent with his siblings, and my husband had come into our tent. He was trying to settle in and I was too, when we heard the most horrible, loud, blood curdling scream/howl/whoop (not sure how to describe it) and then a loud grunt. The scream/howl/whoop lasted about 3-5 seconds and then immediately was the loud grunt at the same pitch. It sounded like it was coming from the same area as the owl like sounds from a short time earlier. My husband sat up about the same time as me and we asked each other if we knew what it was. I told him, “I have NEVER heard anything like that!” He said he had never heard anything like that either. We could also hear something moving in the woods, and by that time after the scream, we were very freaked out. So we immediately got the kids up and in the car.

My husband kept shining his flash light down the hill towards the noise while one of my sons got out of the car and helped grab our valuables. My husband says that at that time he saw two eyes shining in the light and a shadow of a figure crouched down, that then stood up (appeared very large) and threw a rock at him which hit the tree next to him. My son confirmed he saw the rock hit the tree and fall to the ground. After that we went home (about 45 minutes away) around 2:20am.

My husband and boys went back for our things after 10am. They looked around to see if there was any indication of what it could have been. They did not see any tracks of any kind, however, they did see trees bent over branches laid across the bent trees, and a large area of flattened brush at the bottom of the hill from the site at which we had been camping. After getting all our things packed, they went to the ranger’s office and told them what had happened. The ranger actual seemed to take it serious and said they would check it out tonight. Then the ranger said he would normally brush this off, but the other campers (who were also up late and had arrived around midnight) two sites from us, complained about hearing strange sounds and something large in the woods and they too left and demanded their money back.

I have never believed in Bigfoot or anything like it. I have camped all over the US since I was a toddler. I have heard coyotes, wolves, bears, owls, birds, wild cats, hurt deer, hurt rabbits…nothing sounds like what we heard. It will be a while, if ever, before I go camping again. I use to love it, but now I am afraid because whatever this was, it was intelligent enough to watch until we were all in our tents and to throw a rock at my husband. That is what scared me the most.”

Describe the creature with detail:

“Husband described it as eyes glowing in the flash light, and a shadow of a large figure crouched down. It shortly after stood up and threw a rock. At that time my husband said it was very tall and large.”

Follow-Up: 8-4-14

I called and made arrangements to meet the family at the campground late that afternoon. Matt, the husband and father, was visibly shaken up by the events of that morning. After evaluating the location, it was determined that the creature was much closer, approximately 50 yards from Matt. It was definitely covered in dark hair and had greenish eyes. The height was also estimated higher, closer to 9 feet. We searched for the rock and footprints but the underbrush and leaf cover made it impossible. We did find a partial deer skeleton (old) at the exact spot where the creature stood. Also further back in the woods on a game trail we found a tree bent over the trail, but the origin of this bend was not obvious.

In their haste, the family left their tents and drove home at 2:00am. They noticed 4 deer sprinting across the road from the campground as they left. I explained to the family my hunch: because of the fleeing deer, the whoops heard earlier, then the loud howl, the bigfoot(s) were most likely hunting the deer and Matt spoiled their hunt with his flashlight, prompting the aggressive rock throw. The bigfoot was not aggressively attacking the family. Matt was very emotional at times during the follow up interview and said something interesting at the end of our meeting, “I feel much better talking about this.” It was the first time in 20 years of research where I had an interview where the witness was this visibly shaken up over a sighting, understandable because he felt like his family was in jeopardy. It was also refreshing to know that I actually helped him resolve his fear.

– Charlie Raymond, KBRO Investigator