KY Wolfe November 13, 2013 #00003

Website Submission 1-11-14
Your first name: Jerry (last name on file)
Estimated date? November 13, 2013
Estimated time? 5:30am
Nearest city? Campton
Nearest Road(s): Holly Creek (address on file)
Length of time the encounter lasted: Maybe 5 min.
How many witnesses? 1
Please describe your encounter:
I had gotten up early to go deer hunting, the weather had been warmer than I wanted for deer hunting but was still excited to go out. I decided to go ahead and head out because I’d have a good little walk ahead of me, so I grabbed my rifle and headed out the door. I walked down the driveway to the start of the trail off to the right and started down the trail. As I walked I noticed it was dead quiet and it seemed like I could hear a pin drop. I couldn’t help shake the feeling like I was being watched, I thought maybe I pumped myself up about deer hunting or was letting the still woods play with my head. I’ve been prowling the woods my whole life alone and always felt part of the forest, but not today. I had the feeling’ that I was somewhere I shouldn’t have been, it was eerie. I made my way about a mile into the woods and settled down in a spot where I had seen many deer before, with a ridge line 50 foot behind me and one 150 yards in front of me with a natural small meadow between the two ridges. As I sat there I heard nothing but silence then all of a sudden I heard what sounded like a whooping noise, I thought why is some idiot out here hollering like that in the middle of the wilderness. I listened and didn’t hear it anymore; I shook it off and waited for sunrise. Then off in front of me to the right I heard what sounded like a grunt, kind of like a pig but more guttural, deeper. Getting mad that someone was on my land messing up my hunting I thought this might be a smart aleck and I made a whooping noise myself to let them know that I was on to their childish games and was fed up, I reared back my head and cupped my hand around my mouth and did my best replication of what I heard minutes ago. I wish now I had not done that because what happened next still gives me chills when I think about it. I was watching dusk break and looking toward where I had heard this commotion when all off a sudden I heard limbs snapping up on the ridge and running or stomping. It sounded like an army was coming down the mountain and into the bottom in front of me. I threw up my rifle and looked through the scope and at about 150 yards up the ridge I caught movement, I was nervous and excited that this may be a big buck thrashing the trees but it was too much, too loud. As I watched in my scope I saw hair, a dark reddish brown almost black looking fur. My thought was oh crap a bear. It didn’t move but seemed to be listening and I wasn’t about to move or make noise. Bears don’t run rampant around this area, but I have seen them, although uncommon. I felt somewhat comfortable at the distance between us until my bear stood up on two legs! Then I could see the silhouette of this massive beast. It grabbed a branch on an oak and popped it off like a twig, it seemed frustrated, it looked like it was trying to pin point me, now I didn’t feel so safe. I kept my rifle pointed in that direction and was shaking so bad I couldn’t really look at it though the scope with much success. All I wanted was to get the Hell out of there. I could hear my heart beating and I was sure he did too. He kept looking in my direction and then back up the mountain where he came from. I knew if I shot at it I would miss, I just was shaking too hard uncontrollable and I had a feeling that if I ran he would over take me fast, I’m not a runner and this thing looked super athletic. Just as soon as he showed up he turned and headed back up the ridge within just a few steps he seemed to melt into the trees, just gone. I listened for a few minutes and then gathered myself and hightailed it out of the woods. I didn’t deer hunt the rest of the season. I went back there recently after snowfall to look for tracks, I didn’t find anything and I’m thankful for that.
Describe the creature with detail:
7.5 to 8 foot tall, reddish to dark brown hair, long seemed like the hair was 4 to 6 inches long matted and had what looked like dry leaves stuck to it. It was wide like a football player wearing pads and was amazed at the massive head; it was rounded but kind of peaked at the very top. Its face was broad and had a nose like a human but flatter against its face. It kept its mouth closed, but I remember how much it looked like a man. I couldn’t tell you what color the eyes were, but the seemed very dark and its nose and cheeks were a grayish, tan color.
Follow-Up: 1-11-14
I spoke to Jerry for two and a half hours on the phone! Jerry is 42 years old, a former law enforcement officer, college-educated and an avid hunter from Michigan. Since he was five years old he’s hunted and trapped wildlife with his family in Michigan’s UP (Upper Peninsula) or “Big Woods” as they call it. He’s hunted most wildlife his entire life, including bear. From his extensive experience in law enforcement, he’s been trained to recall details and is not one to be easily frightened.
On November 13, 2013 he left his home just before dawn to go deer hunting. He has leased the property next to his property to hunt for many years. After walking down his driveway, he walked almost a mile deep into the woods to one of his favorite spots – a hillside overlooking a meadow. Almost immediately after getting settled down next to a tree, he hears a loud howl (or whoop) come from the opposite side of the meadow. Immediately after hearing this sound, he thought it was a person. It then remained quiet. A few minutes later, not long after daybreak, he heard these grunting sounds coming from his one o’clock position on the opposite ridge. They sounded “like a pig in a barrel, very deep and guttural.” At this point Jerry became really mad, thinking it was some idiot on this property. He said to himself, “Give me a break!” Thinking it was another person, Jerry makes a howl similar to the howl he heard earlier. His howl immediately prompted a bluff charge of tree breaks, thrashing and heavy footfalls which came crashing down off the opposite ridge. Through the scope on his rifle he begins to see a glimpse of a dark, hairy figure making its way through the trees. “I thought it was a bear at first”, explained Jerry. About halfway down the hill, it squatted down and slowly looked around. It was at this point Jerry noticed a human-like face and its overall size was massive! After slowly looking around, it then stood up, grabbed hold of a large tree branch (3-5’feet long), it made a large “pop/crack” as it broke from the tree. He then dangled the branch down by its side, with one end touching the ground, as a baseball player would do, holding the end of a bat. It slowly looked around, even looking in his direction at one point. Realizing this was NOT a bear, Jerry began shaking so nervously he could not keep viewing it through the scope on his rifle and kept slowly putting his rifle down to look at it with his naked eye. He kept saying to himself, “What is this thing!?” Jerry explained, “I was shaking so badly I kept pushing myself up against the tree I was sitting at and I did NOT want to make any sudden movements. I did not want it to see me!” It then turned and walked back up the hillside from once it came. “It was walking on two legs, taking two strides to vanish into the trees. It walked with bent legs,” explained Jerry. He could not see its feet and the hands seemed a little darker than the skin on its face. He estimates watching it closely for only 30 seconds to a minute. The entire episode last maybe 5 minutes.
Every description of this creature was typical of most Bigfoot seen here in Kentucky. It had half-dollar sized, human-shaped dark eyes (no whites), spaced far apart; a noticeable brow ridge; very wide flat nose; wide human-like mouth; tan to grey skin on the face; longer hair around the head; sloped forehead, pointed towards the back head; a noticeable Sagittal crest; no neck; blackish-brown hair with a reddish tint; very wide shoulders; long/massively thick arms; longer hair hanging from its forearms; long hair throughout its body yet matted with leaves stuck to it. “It looked like a great ape, but with a human face,” explained Jerry. After this incident, he compared vocalizations on the internet, and described the howl (or whoop) he heard to that of a Gibbons monkey, but much deeper and longer.
This witness spent over two hours on the phone with me and I believe him to be highly credible. He actually still doubts (remains skeptical about) what he saw that frightful morning and wants to see it again to validate what he experienced. Throughout the entire encounter he kept questioning what he was seeing. He said, “Of course I heard about Bigfoot, but never gave it (them) much thought until this encounter.” Jerry believes the Bigfoot dropped that branch as it walked away so I asked him to take pictures of the branch and the area if possible.

Sketch by Terry Thomas
– Charlie Raymond, Lead Investigator